Friday, February 1, 2008

And the SAG Award goes to...

So earlier this week I am out to dinner with a friend and on my way home my phone starts beeping. It's a text message from none other than, drum roll please, Jason Bateman. You have got to be kidding me. He stood me up last week. It's almost a full week later and now he has the audicity to talk to me? Here is the conversation that ensued.

JB: How r u darling?
Me: so what happened last week?
JB: What r u talking about? Not sure that was meant 4 me

He called me darling. I hate that. So now I think that he has me confused with someone else. There is no way he is this stupid. He blew me off and is acting like nothing ever happened.

Me: Who is this?
JB: Excuse me? Um, Jason Bateman
Me: We were supposed to go out to dinner last tuesday but you never called and said where we were going.
JB: Ok, learn who u r talking to, ok?

Seriously. Don't take an attitude with me. I didn't do anything wrong. I'm thinking that I'm going to be done talking to him now but do it in the nicest way possible.

Me: I think you have the wrong number. Sorry. :)
JB: Ur rite, my bad, Cincy
Me: Look. I called and texted you last week to find out where we were supposed to meet at 730 for dinner on tuesday and you never got back to me. Check your voicemail.

I'm sorry if you were busy with the Sundance Film Festival and the SAG Awards but call a girl back. Or don't make plans at all. I will mention briefly that I dropped Harley's movie off at his place of employment before he got in so I didn't have to see him and so that he stopped texting me. (It's not that I can't be in the same place as him at all. I can be. But it's going to be mighty hard not to kick him in his shins.) He actually texted me and asked how I was doing and if I was dating. Sure I am. His name is Noneya. Noneya Business. I've just been ignoring his messages.
We are not friends, nor will we ever be friends again. Friends don't leave friends inebriated at the bar when they have promised to be your ride home. Ass Hat.

No comments: