Wednesday, May 28, 2008

How do I detest thee? Let me count the ways.

Last Friday I had a lunch date with Finance (he is an accountant). He is this guy that I have been talking to since the middle of April. Where did I meet him you ask? It's a funny story. I veered away from the traditional online dating sites and branched out a little bit. I actually met him through a free online networking site.

We exchanged a few messages through this online networking site and then moved to real email. From there the medium changed to texting and calling. Finance was easy to talk to, super sweet, and seemed really into me. He would send me a message first thing in the morning and we would "talk" throughout the whole day. The only thing I didn't like was how busy he was. He kept saying things like, "We really need to meet soon." Or,"I really want to meet you in person soon." Could he ever make plans? No. He always had something going on. There were a few times I was ready to just give up. I enjoyed being chased but after so long I start to tire of it when the chasing party doesn't catch me. I'm no track star.

So Finance finally makes solid plans to meet up with him for lunch last Friday. It was the perfect first date. It didn't drag on and on. It lasted a hour and that was it. I wish all first dates were like that; it's really dreadful when they are bad and seem to go on forever. The best part was there wasn't a single thing I didn't like about him after meeting him in person. That is a huge accomplishment for me. I don't go out on many second dates because I am kinda picky and I usually find something during the first date that turns me off. Hence second dates are rare.

He doesn't kiss on first dates either. We like the same football team. We are both originally from the same state. Our baseball teams are mortal enemies but I can forgive him that since I am not a huge baseball fan. He has a degree and a full time job. He opened doors for me. I know people that know him so I can get references. He is cute and makes me laugh. Twice now he has dropped hints that he would like to date, exclusively.

Finance sent me a message right after the date when I was driving home telling me what a good time he had and how he couldn't wait to get together again soon. We made plans for tomorrow. A dinner date and then possibly a movie or something afterwards. Since I picked the time and place for our first date I told him he was in charge of the second one. I'm excited. Wish me luck.

No comments: